- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Q. PAM uses MAC address as "PAM Name" - how do I find MAC address on my PC/Mac?
A MAC (Media Access Control) address is a unique ID assigned to every internet-connected machine that allows it to be identified when connected to a specific network.
To find the MAC address on your Windows computer,
- Click on the Start menu in the bottom-left corner of your computer. Select Run or type cmd into the search bar at the bottom of the Start menu to bring up the command prompt.
- Type ipconfig /all (note the space between the g and /).
- The MAC address is listed as series of 12 digits, listed as the Physical Address (e.g 00:00:00:a1:2b:cc). Each network adapter (wireless, Ethernet, etc.) has a separate MAC address.
To find the MAC address on your Apple computer,
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Select Network.
- Choose Airport for the wireless adapter MAC and click Advanced (the MAC address is listed as Airport ID).
- Choose Built-in Ethernet and click Advanced and Ethernet (listed as Ethernet ID) for the network cable adapter MAC.